The Veggie Way – A vanilla-friendly way to get higher quality food without killing. This addon gives you a way to craft high nutrition foods without resorting to eating cooked animal flesh.
The Veggie Way PE
The original mod works under the MIT license and says:
“Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the right to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software”
“The Veggie Way PE” is a recreation of the popular mod “The Veggie Way Mod” adds food so you don’t need to kill animals, a great Add-on for those who don’t eat meat.
By using the bounty of nature (apples, carrots, beets, etc…) and farm-fresh eggs and milk for some protein, you can now create high nutrition foods.
Superfood drinks and bars are as good as vanilla-cooked meats.
Here is how it works:
– Collect some Drying Agent from sand with a Hand Rake, its silicate from millions of years of volcanic dust in the soil (20% chance)
– Red Quinoa, Corn, Lentil, and Soybean Seeds drop from dirt and grass blocks with a Hand Rake (10% chance), plant on farmland to grow crops.
– Raise some chickens to get eggs or grow some Red Quinoa, Lentil, or Soybean – used to craft protein powder
– Farm some carrots – used to craft vitamin powder
– Farm some apples or beets – used to craft fructose powder
– Farm some wheat – used to craft wheatgerm powder
– Farm some Cocoa Beans – used to make caffeine powder
– Farm some potatoes or corn – used to craft carb powder
– Keep a cow around because you will need some milk [optional]
With these basic ingredients, you can start making drinks and bars (hunger and saturation values can be adjusted in the config file)
– Energy Drink restores 4 hunger
– Energy Bar – restores 5 hunger
– Superfood Shake – restores 7 hunger
– Superfood Smoothie – restores 7 hunger (vegan option)
– Superfood Bar – restores 8 hunger
A few crops to grow for your protein needs:
– Fried Egg
– Flour, made with Wheat and Milk, used to make dough (which can be baked into bread)
– Fresh Tofu, made from cooked Soybean, cooked in a furnace to get vanilla eggs
– Apple Pie (no egg required)
– Melon Pie (no egg required)
– Sweet Berry Pie (no egg required)
– Chocolate Bar
– Cactus Chunk
– Pumpkin Chunk
– Melon Chunk
– Pumpkin soup
– Cactus Soup
– Melon Soup
– Carrot Soup
– Super Petal Powder – a nice dietary supplement
All of the craftings are done on a vanilla crafting table, so no special machines are required.
Some Minecraft Furniture addons are available in Mcpeaddons.com: