The Grimdark Battlepack (formerly known as “Kal’s Arms & Armor”) is a modern take on classic Minecraft textures. I took inspiration from various dark fantasy worlds to create more detailed textures that will fit better in your medieval, fantasy, and steampunk Minecraft creations.
Decorative blocks, sun and moon textures, a custom skybox, and, most recently, bespoke colormaps for various biomes to offer spring and autumn moods have all been added to what started as merely an armor and weapons collection. These enhancements are still more aesthetic in nature, allowing you to use this pack in conjunction with a block pack of your choice or just use the vanilla block textures for constructing.
I’ve also uploaded my variant armor textures as subpacks in the current update, so you can now modify your look by choosing between Light, Medium, Heavy, and Royal armor styles with a single download.
I’ve also added support for some of my homemade swords with a companion behavior pack. In addition to the default broadsword, you may also create katanas and daggers to further customize your appearance in Minecraft.
**To use the Behavior Pack, you must first activate Holiday Creator Features.
Medium Armor Subpack (default):
Light Armor Subpack (designed to show off more of your character skin):
Heavy Armor Subpack (for those that prefer a heavily armored look):
Royal Armor Subpack (when jewelry is all the coverage you need):
Block Texture Sample:
- Block Armor BETA | Minecraft PE Addons
- ARMORCRAFT Addon for Minecraft Pe
- Marvel 3D Armors Addon | Minecraft PE Addons
Moving forward, I’ll be delivering more frequent updates, but if you’d prefer early access, please consider backing me on Patreon. I usually post updates and other special stuff to my Patreon many weeks before the general release.
Updated the pack title, description and details.
Uploaded a new version of the resource pack that includes the following additions:
- Added dozens of custom textures for decorative blocks.
- Tweaked many of the existing textures to improve their quality.
- Added a custom sun, moon, and skybox.
- Added custom colormaps to provide fall foliage in Taiga and spring foliage in Plains.
- Added hundreds of textures for various items including books, potions, arrows, dyes, and more.
- Added a companion Behavior Pack that adds support for custom swords including daggers and katanas.
The Battlepack is all you need if you don’t care about custom swords. But if you do want the ability to craft Daggers and Katanas, you’ll need to download the Grimdark Battlepack Behavior Pack and enable “Holiday Creator Features” in your worlds.