We will show you how to download and install addons for Minecraft Pocket Edition on your Android device
These new file types automate the process of installing add-ons and maps
- First, you choose addon then press INSTALL on this page mcpeaddon.com
- Go to your Downloads folder on your device
- Find .mcpack or .mcworld file, then click on it to import to Minecraft Pocket Edition. Wait a few seconds for the screen to load
- When you create a new world or edit an existing world, don’t forget to apply addon in Resource Pack and/or Behavior Pack
With .ZIP or .RAR file, then use the following this tutorial:
- Check the latest update for Minecraft Pocket Edition because it only works for versions above 0.16.0.
- Go to our page mcpeaddon.com and select your favorite addon in Mods/Addons category, then press INSTALL
- Next, you will need FX File Explorer (or any other file manager app) to extract the downloaded zip file. You can find all your downloaded files in your Downloads folder.
- Long-tap on the zip file, then press the “More” button in the bottom right corner. And press “Extract to”, then click OK
- Open the newly extracted folder
- You will see two folders, Resource Pack and Behavior Pack (Sometimes there are an add-on includes just one folder). Next, long-tap on the folder and then press Copy them
- Find the location: /games/com.mojang/, there you will find the game files for Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- behavior_packs – usually related to add-ons
- minecraftpe – don’t touch this folder
- minecraftWorlds – used for installing maps
- resource_packs – sometimes used for add-ons, but also used for installing texture packs
- Open the resource packs folder and paste the folder which you previously copied
- Go back to your download folder and do the same with Behavior Pack
- Go back to /games/com.mojang/ and open the behavior packs folder and paste the copied folder here.
- Start open Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Create a new world or edit an existing world
- If you want to use addon, don’t forget to apply them in Resource Pack and/or Behavior Pack in the left sidebar
- All done, now let open the world, your favorite addon feature ready to play
This tutorial works only for .js and .modpkg files.
- Download the BlockLauncher app: BlockLauncher Free or BlockLauncher Pro
- Select Mods Section on mcpeaddon and find the mod you like, then click download button.
- Some of the download links will send you to an adf.ly page. To get to the download page press the top right button on the adf.ly website screen. Different mods link to different download locations.
- Open Minecraft Pocket Edition and launch the BlockLauncher menu. Then select “Manage ModPE Scripts”.
- Select “Import”.
- Select “Local storage”.
- Select the “Download” folder.
- Select .js file and it will install
- it’s installed!